First there was a Man. Then a Woman. Then in quick succession, two cats, a confused dog beast, and two kids. I stay at home with them. I'm the Man

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Birthday Time/How To Succeed In Parenting Without Even Trying


I'm 40 years old today. All week, he kids were asking me, "Are you excited daddy? Are you excited for your birthday daddy? You're gonna be 40 on saturday daddy, are you excited?"

"Yeah, I'm excited." I'd reply eye-rollingly.

Honestly though, I am excited. There a lot of places I expected to be at 40. Dead, drunk, naked, performing in a dive bar in East St. Louis as "Lady Gagguh." So all in all, I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

Also, there's this:

So we found this injured bird in the backyard. A grackle. I found it. The poor thing was flopping around on its back and trying to turn upright without success. I got some gloves on and tried setting it upright. It hitched and bobbed and wobbled and flipped back over again. 

"Maybe it's shitfaced?" I thought.  I smelled it's breath. No such luck. I didn't know what to do with it. I certainly couldn't have the kids finding it.

For more, please go and visit Dadcentric. Thank you and Have a Pleasant weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday blogger bud. (Mine's tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord, I do hate grackles. They are the bullies of the bird world. I hope you put it out of its misery.

    I turned 40 on 21 June 2003 - the same day as the release of Harry Potter book #5. What that meant was, as the first minute of that auspicious day approached, I found myself in a bookstore with my 2 oldest kids, listening to hundreds of people count down excitedly to my 40th (or so I told myself) and cheer as the clock struck midnight. Pretty cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday to you Homemaker Man!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Rankings

Humor Blogs - Blog Rankings
Dad Blogs
Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs