Thank you so much to Sara Louise of Sara in Le Petit Village for this award. I am flattered. If you don't know her . . . she lives and writes about a lyrical life in a cool and down-to-earth way. Good people, is Sara Louise. And a very entertaining read.
I really needed this today as last night, it felt like my children went and joined some sort of screechy, anti-sleep, super soldier group. The SEALS for assholes. Insomniac assholes. Not that my kids are assholes mind you, just that last night, they could've passed for assholes at the very highest levels. Like congress.
I believe that last paragraph is enough of a mention of my family to allow me to link back to Fatherhood Friday for a chance to win 25$. Mercenary? Definitely. But I gots to make that paper y'all. The worst part is that the guilt will eat at me until I sit down and offer up an 11 paragraph opus on the importance of wipeys . Feh.
Ok then. The deal is 10 things you folks don't know about me. Here goes:
1. I have never been to Canada. It is the single most frustrating thing I've never done.
2. I have never eaten a Mcdonald's hamburger. Not even a bite. I shit you not.
3. I have an affection for Michael J. Fox bordering on the romantic. Just have always loved that little guy. Even now, he's great. I'm starting to get a little choked up just thinking about it.
4. I really like flowers.
5. While this particular candle has dimmed, I was a huge fan of Bruce Willis starting way back with Moonlighting. I used to sit up at night alone in my living room at 12 or 13 watching that show and laughing my ass off.
6. I really enjoy the water even though I swim like a drunk cow.
7. I moved approximately . . . (counting in my head) 25 times before I was 20. I am not a military brat.
8. The Peanut? Big surprise. We thought we weren't having kids.
9. I used to be proficient at playing the timpani.
10. I have a love/hate relationship with Hippies. I think technically, one could refer to it as racial self-hatred.
Ok. Now for the lucky ones who get this next.
My wife, Tumblweed, over at Lap Noodles. I gave her my last one too, but she's brilliant and besides, we're married. We share everything.
Suburban Correspondent at The More, The Messier. I'm not sure how she'll react to this, but it may be in a curmudgeonly fashion. Which is a big reason for giving it to her. She is smart and funny and honest.
A Vapid Blond. I have no idea if she accepts these things or not, but she's really funny.
hadjare at WoWunk. Again I don't know if she does this stuff or not, I just know she's cool.
Alright, 4 is my limit. Congrats to you all. But especially, congrats to me!