First there was a Man. Then a Woman. Then in quick succession, two cats, a confused dog beast, and two kids. I stay at home with them. I'm the Man

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Morning Quickie: Boo Yah! (that's what she said)

Two quick things:

Playlist for morning 2 of the 1/2 hr dance hr-

ABC_Jackson 5
Rock Lobster-B-52's.  Great dancing with the kids music
Blister in the sun-Violent Femmes
Vivrant Thing-Q-tip
Insane in The Membrane-Cypress Hill
Straight Outta Compton-NWA (what?)
Violet-Hole

I rummaged around in the itunes account and came up with this stuff.  The kids did not enjoy it as much as yesterday.  Which is to say, they didn't enjoy it.  We'll try again tomorrow.

Parts of a couple others.  Thanks for suggestions.  Keep them coming.

A couple more links/places for people looking to donate to Haitian relief:


You can text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief for Haiti, or visit Mercy Corps:https://donate.mercycorps.org/donation.htm?DonorIntent=Haiti+Earthquake



Text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5 to Yele Haiti (Wyclef Jean's foundation), or visit Rachel Maddow's comprehensive list of charitable organizations working with the relief effort:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34834553/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show



Or you can also visit the Suburban Correspondent's  site for some info.


Have a lovely day people.  


HM

7 comments:

  1. Is that a jibe, my friend? ;) I'm old, so sue me, just don't euthanize me.

    Big fan of NWA and the B-52's. Your mix sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know for the longest time, well in to college ... I thought the line went "Shake Hands I know You're the One" and I would enthusiastically shake hands with whomever was next to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viv!-Wha . .? Thank you!

    S.L. and thank you

    h- Ha! I used to think it was "Twister in the sun" so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally B-52's! Also: the Clash. London Calling motivates my kids like nobodies business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend's mother was in such serious denial during her daughter's adolescence that she still swears the lyrics to the Chili Peppers' song "Secret Special Song Inside" were "I want to party on your birthday, baby." Yeah right, sure mom, that's what they said. Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Rankings

Humor Blogs - Blog Rankings
Dad Blogs
Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs