First there was a Man. Then a Woman. Then in quick succession, two cats, a confused dog beast, and two kids. I stay at home with them. I'm the Man

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Morning Talk Radio-Peanut Style

"Do you know what this story is called honey?"

No honey, I don't

" This story is called the Bunny and the Marble, daddy."

Ohh, ok honey.

"Do you want me to read it to you daddy?"

Yes I would.

"This story is called the Bunny and the Marble, daddy"

That sounds like a great story honey.

"Do you want me to read it to you?"

Sure.

"This story is called the Bunny and the Marble daddy."

No way.

"Yeah."

"Do you want me to read it to you?"

There is nothing I would like more, honey than to hear you read the bunny and the marble.

"Do you know what this story is called daddy?"

Is it the Bunny and the Marble?

"No daddy, it's the Bunny and the Marble."


Well isn't daddy developmentally disabled honey?

"Yeah daddy."

Yeah.



"This story is called the Bunny and the Marble daddy."

Daddy needs coffee honey.

The End.


Or is it?


P.S.  The book The Bunny and The Marble?  It does not exist outside of the Max and Ruby show.

5 comments:

  1. Nope. It is *never* the end. I read "Are You My Mother?" so many times between H's 1-3 birthdays that I had it memorized. I could read it to him from the kitchen while he held the book on his lap on the sofa. I bear some serious ill will toward that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boyfriend and I have conversations like this all the time.
    I drink a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit like that in the mornings. I hate to be woken up suddenly and can't fall back off to the Land Of Nod! So, it's no good even trying to get any conversation out of me until at least lunch time!
    I tend to either grunt, or go over the same thing time after time. Like a record stuck in a groove!
    My friend and I often communicate in this way, and oddly enough, we understand each other perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like just the beginning to me! Was there a dog named Ruff Ruff in it? If not, I can have my daughter tell you her version over and over and over and over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! !!!!..... !!!! I love her!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Rankings

Humor Blogs - Blog Rankings
Dad Blogs
Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs